Monday, November 7, 2011

Cows and whatnot - posted by Lorri

Kay is on the left, I am the enthusiastic one in the middle, Sherry smiling on the right.
As 4Hers, one of the projects that all three of us girls did was the Beef project.  Makes sense, I suppose, as we lived on a farm with cows and whatnot in the pasture.  I recall that Sherry really liked this project.  She fed, walked, washed and groomed her cows quite nicely. She ratted their tails, so they had that nice pouffy effect that was fashionable on livestock in the 60's and 70's. She could parade them around the show ring quite well, also.  I remember that I would much rather be sitting at the sewing machine, then improving my "cow whispering" skills.  Don't get me wrong, I like a good steak, and hamburgers are one of my favorite foods. And, I certainly appreciated depositing that check in my college savings account at the end of the Crawford County Fair Livestock Sale. 
Last weekend I saw a young lady wearing cowboy boots with shorts.  Who knew we were ahead of that fashion trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment