Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break

Papa and Gavin checking the cows
Today is the last day of my spring break, one of the best perks of being a teacher in the public school system.  If i were in charge of the country I would decree that everyone should get a spring break.  Its so good for body and soul.  This week I spent a couple of days sewing with friends, a day shopping with my lovely daughter,  a couple of days playing in my sewing room, one day cleaning house and cooking for Justin's birthday and had the two youngest grandkids spend the night last night.  Today I spent the afternoon on a new design and project.  Remember one of my previous posts about owls?  I would link this up to it if I knew how to do that.  you'll just have to scroll back through our posts until you find it.  sorry.  Anyway, the owls have been a big hit, I have sold 8 of them, two were claimed by the oldest grandkids, and I have 7 left, with two more ready to be finished.  So i decided to branch out and make an owl purse I found on pinterest. I had to draft my own pattern and everything, but i think it turned out kind of cute.  What do you think?  Should i make some more?  I am having a booth at a huge sale on April 14th and  will be selling my owls, pincushions and whatever else I can get done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment