Friday, August 16, 2013

Kay's Vintage Flower Basket Quilt

I made this small quilted wall hanging for our Little Balkins Quilt Guild challenge.  The challenge was to make something with something vintage in it.  I used a square dresser scarf that I bought at a local flea market.  It was stained where it had been folded for years but otherwise than that it was in excellent shape.  I bought some 30's reproduction quilt fat quarters at Bittersweets quilts and at The Blue Top quilt shop to use for the basket, borders, and binding.  I hand quilted it which is something I don't do very often.  I made some flowers on my sewing machine to put in the basket.  I didn't think I would get it done in time.  The challenge project is due Monday night at guild meeting, but my sister, Sherry kept telling me "You WILL finish it." , so I worked on it all week and got it done early with a few days to spare!  Now I have some quilt binding to finish by August 24 so that I can enter a quilt in the Little Balkins Quilt Show labor day weekend.  No rest for me yet - I've  got to get busy or I won't get finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment