Saturday, September 13, 2014

My first quilt and other odds and ends

My first quilt
I made this quilt in l979.  I was moving to Pittsburg at the beginning of my junior year of college.  I did not have a pattern for this.  Blue is favorite color, as you might have guessed.  Many of the fabrics in this quilt were leftover from my 4-H sewing projects.  The photo above was taken this summer when I was washing my quilts. 

I remember using these fabrics for a 4H project.
As you can see, some of the fabric is starting to disintegrate.  Looks like I used some type of polyester batting.  I quilted this myself on our home sewing machine. 
I used a sheet for the backing.

I still use this quilt, mainly when we sit on the back patio in the evening.  I still find it very comforting (and warm).
2 x 2 barn quilt I painted for the Little Balkans Quilt show
2 x 2 barn quilt - Little Balkans quilt block
Norah Mae and her baby quilt I made for her.  I used a bunny rabbit print. She is a real sweetie.
Elliot Ann's baby quilt
 Elliot Ann - She is as cuddly as she looks.
I made this table runner for my secretary, who is retiring.  She changed her mind and decided to not retire.  She said she is hoping for another table runner when she really does retire.  And she is so worth it.
There is a small field next to our neighborhood.  Every couple of years sunflowers make it into the rotation.  I love the sunflower year.  I took this photo this morning.  Notice the bee flying above the flower. 
I like this one also.
I think sunflowers are happy flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment