Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our incredible adventure: Chapter 2

So after a fun week of sewing, it was back to work for me.  Monday was not only a typical Monday, it was the second Parent Teacher conference day and meant a very long day for me.  Right after my first conference, I got a call from Pamela, our fearless Sewing captain.  One of the designers called her and wanted to know if the quilters in her group (Kay and me) could make a queen or king size quilt done for one of the houses by Tuesday night, Wednesday morning at the latest.  After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, I realized they were probably serious.  This little designer had no idea what making a quilt involves.  So after I recovered I offered them one of the quilts I made that was presently on my bed.  It is queen sized, a string quilt arranged in rainbow of colors.  They wanted to see a picture of it RIGHT NOW!  Well, fortunately for me, my next pt conference canceled on me, so I had exactly 52 minutes until my next one.  The quilt was at home and I had no picture of it with me or on my computer.  So I jumped in my car, raced home, grabbed the quilt off the bed and hung it from the eagles nest on the swing set and snapped a couple pictures with my cell phone.
Here's the picture from my cell phone, Its sideways, don't know how to rotate it but you get the idea. 
  Sent them to Pamela, jumped back in the car and flew back to Girard.  Got to school at 4:58 as my next appt. was walking into my classroom.  Whew!  Got home around 8:00 p.m.  I was exhausted just from the excitement alone! Threw the quilt into the washer, then the dryer, folded it up and waited.  Then I went to bed.    Got a text at 11:50 p.m. from Pamela that said:  Designer said "YES! Yes!  they wanted my quilt!  Actually, I didn't see the text until morning, good thing, I never would have slept otherwise.  NOw we would be taking two quilts to the install at the site Tuesday night, Kay's and one of mine.  Yipeeeee!!!!!  Of course, Phil was cold that night, said I ripped the quilt right off him and now he was going to freeze at night. I think i can find another quilt to put on the bed, I still have a few left.  Stay tuned, next, the INSTAll and delivering of the quilts.  Truly a once in a lifetime experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment