Thursday, February 9, 2012

Help! I can't stop!!! posted by Sherry

My latest obsession, my first four owls
I need help. I started making something and I can't stop.  Did you ever have this problem?  I saw these  stuffed woolen owls on line and just loved them. They are made with recycled wool from old sweaters, coats, etc.  I ordered the pattern and made one. My original plan was to make one for each of the grandchildren for Valentine's day with a tag saying "Owl love you forever"    Everyone I showed the owl to liked it so I decided to cut out some more. I have been stockpiling and felting wool for a while, picking up sweaters, skirts, blazers, jackets from the thrift store.  I also scored some wool yardage at a retired PSU home economic professor's auction.  I have used some here and there for small projects; wool pincushions, purses, stockings, etc. I do have quite a variety now.  So I drug it all out and started cutting.  It was so much fun, planning out all the  possibilities and different patterns.  Pretty soon I had cut out 10 owl bodies and multiple wings, faces, eyes, ears, etc. And now every night I am sewing together eyes, wings, and hoods on owl bodies.  I get one done and just have to make another one.  Right now I have 8 owls sitting in my living room looking very wise. I have two more bodies ready to be stuffed and one body almost full.  I ran out of stuffing again. I bought 3 bags last Saturday.  Did you know a bunch of owls is called a Parliament? They are so cute. My plan now is to sell them. Don't know whether the grandchildren will get one or not.  I'm not even sure I can part with them.  They are just too cute.   Oh my, I sound like a crazy person don't I?  I told you I needed help.  But if you come to help me, bring a bag of stuffing. 
Aren't they just the cutest things you've ever seen? 

2 comments: