Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moozilla and Aaron (posted by Kay)

This is my nephew Caedmon's baby quilt.  Even though he is almost l and 1/2, he is still a baby right? Some day I might get something done on time but I won't promise anything.  This quilt was made from a pattern in the book- Out of the Box with easy blocks by Mary Lou Weidman and Melanie Bautista McFarland.  It was fun to make.  Joan Westhoff of Walnut quilted it with stars and loops.   When we were in 4-H, we named all of our 4-H cows.  I had cows named Girlie, Lassie, Eileen, and Barbara plus some other names I can't remember.  (It has been a few years since I have been in 4-H!)  I named this cow Mozilla!  I hope Caedmon likes it!

Kay holding the quilt.  Note the three little chicks on the left (representing the three Crisler kiddos: Adelaide, Atticus and Caedmon)

The back side of the quilt



This is Aaron.  And yes, he is standing next to a diaper cake.  Kelli (the mom-to-be and his lovely wife) had spent the hours previous to the baby shower in the ER, getting IV fluid to combat the stomach flu.  Kelli and little Miss Huser (still in utero) are doing fine now.  Aaron was nice enough to make a guest appearance at the baby shower, as Kelli just wasn't up to it at that point.  Kay is already planning the baby quilt for this newest addition to our family.

1 comment:

  1. Caedmon loves his quilt; I'm not sure if it's the contrasting colors, big eyes, or the cow itself, but it has been crawled all over at this point. Thank you Kay!

    ReplyDelete