Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kay's doll quilts October 16, 2012

Kay's doll quilts



The  Little Balkans quilt guild is making doll quilts to be given to the Salvation Army.  They will be giving them away at Christmas with a doll to local children.  The quilts size can vary because there are many different size dolls.  I made mine from 18" square to 24" square.  I also made a rectangular one.  I tried to make them in girlie colors, though a few red, white, and blue ones got made too.  They were all made from leftover blocks from other projects.  I used leftover blocks from Kendall's, Vada's and Charlotte's baby quilts.  I machine quilted them with simple straight line quilting.   They were fun to make  and so far I have made 8 doll quilts.  They are quick to make and a lot of fun too.  I am working on the ninth one now.  I have LOTS more spare blocks so I will probably be making more!     

No comments:

Post a Comment