Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sherry's pinterest trials



Since Lorri posted her pinterest projects, I thought I'd post a couple of mine.  I have pinned LOTS, but only got a couple actually done.  I have every intention of trying most of them someday, some I posted as inspiration or just because I really like them.  There are such talented, inspired and a few crazy people out there. 
This is one of my first projects from pinterest, didn't have a pattern with it, just some vague instructions.  So I drafted my own pattern, used some recycled wool fabric from wool suit coats from the thrift store and "Viola!"  I have made 5 of them so far, one out of a heavy dotted canvas cloth.  I've sold 4 of them so far.  And won Grand Champion in the Recyling division at two county fairs. 





The green on  is what the original idea looked like on pinterest.  It uses two skeins of green eyelash yarn.  I liked it so much, i made two of them. Then I decided to make a fall version.  I really like it too.  I used bronze yarn and some fall flowers.
This weekend, the grands and I worked on another pinterest inspiration project.  We glued little plastic animals on jar lids of small jars, and then I let them spray paint the lids.  They loved them.  I took pictures of them spraying them but didn't get any pictures of the finished product.  I made some for my desk at work too.  Everyone needs a jar with a pink llama on it to keep their skittles or paper clips in on their desk.  And a jar with a green pig for push pins on their refrigerator.  I'll try to get some picture of the next batch.  Well, gotta get back to pinterest and pin some more ideas for which i don't have time for.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment