Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kay's Quilt Adventure-Part One.

This year I finally made it to the Internationl Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.  I've been wanting to for several years now, so when Rockin' Chair Quilts of Bulter, MO announced that they were sponoring a bus trip to the festival I was ready to go.  Fun Way Trips set up the trip with  Gail and Ken as our hosts.  since my sisters could not go, Mom and Dad decided to go with me.  We got on the bus at Bitterweet Quilts south of Joplin, Mo.  I have been there several times and I still go us lost on the way there.  This is my really stupid thing #1.  ( Stay tuned for really stupid # and #3).

We stopped at Log Cabin quilt shop in Bixby , Ok and Needles and threads in Henryetta, Ok.  We picked people up as went, stopping at McKinney, Texas for the night. 

On the bus on the way there we played several games and won several prizes.  One game was fat quarter bingo.  My Dad thought we were playing for real quarters so when he won they gave him real quarters instead of fat quarters.  Gail had  great fun picking on Dad.  When he won a thimble she told him he had to be romantic when he gave it to his wife.  He looked at me and said "Geez".  I think he liked all the attention he was getting.  Here is a picture of some of the prizes we won, this isn't all of it, Mom has more.





We finally got to Houston about 1:00 the next day ( Nov. 1).  They talked about going to Wal-Mart to get snacks but everybody just wanted to get to the quilt show.  Finally we arrived at the quilt show.  ( I thought we would never get there.)  Here is a picture of us at the quilt show.






This was my favorite quilt. It was HUGE!  It was as big as my house!  Not really but I think it was as tall as my house.  It was made by the Bernese Quilters of Berne, Switzerland.  It had the whole town in it.  Churches, houses, Schools.  I was really cool.  My pictures do not do it justice.

I have a lot more pictures to show you, but I'm saving them for part two.  I will try to post on Tuesday.  Thanks to the Pittsburg Public Library computer lab for helping me with post.   

No comments:

Post a Comment