Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Kay's Quilt Adventure - Part Three

On Friday we skipped the Quilt Show to spend the day with Uncle Wayne and Aunt Kay.  They took us to Galveston to see the sights.  We took the ferry to Bolivar Island.  I'm 54 and this was my first time to ride a on ferry.  Isn't that something?  The ride was awesome.  We got to  see some dolphins (if aunt Kay hadn't of pointed them out I would never would  have seen them), seagulls, and lots of big boats.  On Bolivar Island they took us the a very good seafood restaurant.  Usually Uncle Wayne and Mom fight over who gets to pay the bill.  Uncle Wayne won.  I thought Mom gave up too easily.  I wanted to see them arm wrestle for it.   After the ferry ride back to Galveston, we rode around Galveston checking out the beautiful old homes and the wood art that people had in the yards.  After the hurricane many old trees were destroyed so they made wood sculptures out what was left of the trees.  They had some beautiful sculptures.  We saw some pelicans, The Tin Man and Toto, seagulls and some other wonderful sculptures.  If I had one I would like a totem pole with all my favorites thing included on it, quilts, cats, books, flowers, baskets, and Snoppy and Woodstock or a carved basket with all these things in it.  They took us back to our hotel and so now comes really stupid thing #2.  I left my cell phone it Uncle Wayne's truck ( which contributes to really stupid  thing #3 later.)

Later we decided to go eat at The Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria mall next door to our hotel.  This was a really huge mall and we had to do a quite a bit of walking to get there.  When we got there I tell Dad "You know Dad that after we eat we have to walk all the way back."  He says " I'm not doing it."  So after we eat a delicious meal at The Cheesecake Factory we took a taxi cab back to our hotel.    I'm 54 and this was my first time in a taxi cab.  Isn't that something?  Well after that we were worn out and we had to rest up for our last day at the quilt show.  Stay tuned next week for more of the quilt show and really stupid thing #3.  

Here are some random pictures from our trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment