Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kay's Star Quilt


This star quilt is made from leftover star blocks from a quilt I made several years ago.  As usual I cut out way too many blocks so even though I used a bunch of them in this quilt I still have a bunch more star blocks.  I think that the original quilt was a star quilt that I made for Kristy but I'm not sure.   The stars are really a brighter yellow than it appears in this photo.  It was to intended to be used as a lap quilt but I got carried away and it is a little big for a lap quilt.  These colors are some of my favorite colors to work with.  As usual Joan Westhoff did an excellent on the quilting.  I tried to get a picture of some of the quilting she did.  She quilted stars in the red and blue blocks.  It really looks nice.  I am thinking about giving it to the ladies at our church.  They can use it for a fund raiser or they can give it away.  I know that they will find a good home for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment