Monday, February 11, 2013

New quilt and whatnot (posted by Lorri)

We got a new sofa a couple of months ago.  Of course this meant we needed a new quilt for the sofa.  My hubby was kind enough to test drive the finished quilt this weekend.
I used fall colors for this cozy quilt.  I'm pretty sure he was watching the golf channel at this point. 
 
Naturally, I had to make pillows also.  I like the feather pillow inserts from Hancocks.  Makes for a nice soft pillow.

And because I am real glutton for punishment, I made the piping for the pillows from the leftover quilt binding.  I haven't worked with piping for awhile, so a few choice words flew from my mouth.

 
All done, now what to make next?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that quilt! And your new couch is pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had fun with this one. Guess I have fun with all my quilts.

    ReplyDelete