Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kay's Tale of Two Quilts

Last year I made a quilt top of star blocks that I had  leftover from a quilt I made several years ago.  My friend Candy and I decided that our friend Pam needed a quilt.  So we decided to have this quilt top made into a quilt for her.  Now all I had to do was make a back for it.  I still had some star blocks so I used some of them.  Then I decided that it needed to have her name and the year on it also.  I used the book Word Play Quilts by Tonya Rucci for the letters and the numbers.  I had the back almost done when I realized that I switched some of the letters. It was 2012 not 2021!  So I ripped it out and fixed it.  I thought about leaving it in there, because none of my quilts are perfect but this time it really needed to be fixed.  When I finished it I thought this was too  nice for just the back .  So after consulting with a couple of people it was decided to make two quilts instead of one.  Joan Westhoff quilted both of these quilts and she did an excellent job. On the Pam quilt she used a variety of motifs that were really spectacular.  From the back it looks like a whole cloth quilt.  Candy and I gave it to her recently.  I hope she likes it.  It was really fun to make this quilt.  I see more quilts with letters and numbers in my future!

Here is the other quilt which I  posted on the blog about a month ago.  I gave it to the ladies at church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment