Thursday, March 27, 2014

K's Improv Quilting

I recently found some improv blocks hiding in my sewing room and decided to put them up on my design wall (the back  of a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth hung on the wall) and see what they looked like after being stored away for a while.  Some of these have been hanging around in my sewing room for quite a long time.  Of course we have red and blue and yellow blocks ( my favorite cold combination). 
These are some leftover blocks from another quilt and some blocks that I am experimenting with.  Next is a red, white , and blue color combo.  (My next favorite color combination).




I have some of these sewn together.  Maybe some day I will finish this,  I really like this.



This big piece is all sewn together but I just don't  know how to finish it.  It needs a border or something.  It has been hanging around in my sewing room for 5+ years?  The big flower and bird is from a design by Mary Lou Weidman and I have several of her books.  One of her designs is the cow quilt that I made. I really want to try to make more of her designs.  This is not all I have a lot more blocks (more traditional blocks ) hanging around in my sewing room also.  One thing I also want to try is some more quilts with  words in them.  I have made several quilts with peoples names on them.  I'll  try to show you those some other time.  I hope you have enjoyed my look into my quilt world!



No comments:

Post a Comment