Monday, May 12, 2014

Milk Paint Class May 10, 2014 Posted by Lorri

We have been intrigued by Milk Paint for awhile now.  I think we each had different ideas for it, but when our Mom came across a Milk Paint class, we all got on board.

So, today, we got in our cars and ventured from our respective parts of Kansas to the bustling town of Neodesha.  This has the added benefit of being down the road from four of my granddaughters, so this was a double bonus score.

Here we are, sitting around the table trying out different colors.

This color is called linen.  I really liked it.  Milk paint is non toxic, so you can use it inside your house without sucking in toxic fumes.
Yup, that's our dad at the end of the table.  (Our mom is on the left.)  Since Sherry couldn't make it today, Daddy got to join the class.  I know what you are thinking - what a lucky, lucky man Edgar Von Soosten is.
We each got a simple wooden frame to practice on.  We first painted a chocolate brown color. 


I used vaseline next.  The next step was to add the pretty blue paint.  Wet sanding (with hemp oil) was next.  That step brought out the distressed feature. 
Here is Kay with her finished frame.  She chose a lavender color.  It was pretty.
The bonus was getting to see the little girlies.  Here is me with Vada and her new little sister Elliot.
Here is my finished frame with my favorite photo of Atticus. 
So, I bought some of the linen colored paint.  I have several ideas in mind.  I am looking forward to experimenting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment