Sunday, August 21, 2011

A is for Adelaide

Adelaide is my 5 year old granddaughter.  I forgot how much fun a 5 year old can be.  She likes pink, polka dots, painting and sparkly things - beads, buttons, sequins and so on.  Fortunately for Adelaide, I have all those things. And so much more.  During her recent visit to Kansas, we did some projects together. 

 I found this project in a quilting magazine, although there was no sewing required. I used spray adhesive to stick her favorite fabric (polka dots) to the backing and mat board.  This is the same spray adhesive we used to use to mount 4-H photos for the county fair.  Adelaide painted the big "A" that I hot glued to the pink fabric.
I picked up this cardboard star box at one of my favorite hobby stores.  Adelaide had a good time painting the box and we spent much time searching through my button and bed boxes for just the right decorations.  We used tacky craft glue so as not to burn those cute little fingers. I predict many more projects to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment