Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kendall's quilt

Last year i made my youngest granddaughter a quilt for her big girl bed.  I had a layer cake I bought somewhere that had lots of bright colors just right for a little girl.  I gave it to her at Christmas. She loved it. She layed on it, hugged it, etc.   And then i took it back and told her i needed to keep it for a while. She was OK with that. She even told people how I made her a quilt and a pillow to match and then I kept it. I had a very good reason, OK?    I wanted to enter it in the fairs this year and in the Quilt Show.  She has been very patient.  This Saturday is entry day for our Quilt Show at the Little Balkans Days over Labor Day.  And her quilt is going into the show. Wish us luck!  After the show, i think I'll let her have her quilt. Its probably about time.  I may even let her use it.  FYI:  it is a Debbie Mumm pattern from one of her books of kids quilts.  The fabric is 'Luv U" by Deb Spain;  It was machine quilted by Joan Westoff from Walnut who did a wonderful job!  It is going to look so good on Kendall's bed. Someday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment