Sunday, January 8, 2012

Daddy and his projects - posted by Lorri

This is our daddy.


He is a semi-retired farmer.  I don't think that farmers ever totally retire; they just farm on a smaller level.  He has a wonderful garden. He has a great workshop where he makes cool stuff.  Having lived on a farm for his entire life, he has access to a variety of raw materials, including barn wood.  I thought I'd share some of the things he has made.
Sewing cabinet for Kay.

Kay found this screen door in her garage.  It is highly likely that it was on her house at some point in the past.  She wanted a cabinet for her fabric and quilt books, so Daddy and I made this for her.  
Barn wood quilt rack
This quilt rack hangs in my office.
Karon, Gail and Marcia
Fortunately, he likes to share his handiwork, so many of my friends now have quilt racks, also.
Barnwood picture frame
I especially like the red barnwood that he used in this frame.

This is a DVD holder. 
I had an antique tool caddy that held DVDs.  So, Daddy used it as a pattern to make this one out of barnwood. 
Window frame with box .  This sits on top of my kitchen cabinets.
Another frame made with the red barnwood.





This was framed for granddaughter Stephanie.  She will be hanging it in her nursery for great-grandchild #9 (coming in May of 2012).
After all, who wouldn't want something made by their Grandpa?

No comments:

Post a Comment