Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions 2012; by Sherry

I know, i've been very remiss about blogging. I'm sorry.  I have lots of posts running around in my head, they just haven't gotten out of there and into blogland yet.  I promise to do a better job.  Guess that's resolution #1 for 2012
I'm going to start with the present and work my way back through the last couple of months.  Are you confused yet? Well, you will be if you're not yet.
Bourbon County Fair;  Scrappy Stars is the one in the middle.
In January 2010 I decided to make a scrap quilt every year in an effort to use up some of those scraps i have accumulated.That year i made a scrappy rainbow string quilt.  I really liked how it turned out. If you want to see it, check older posts,  Its the one I ripped off my poor husband's cold body and donated to Extreme Home Makeover project in Joplin.  So this year I made a queen size scrappy star quilt.  it turned out so well, that since I had some squares left, I decided to make another one.  I also started another scrap quilt, this one a surprise for my husband someday.  Figured I owed him one. Anyway, I managed to finish the second one right before Christmas.   Did you ever notice that when you tell people you're  making a scrap quilt, they feel compelled to give you more scraps?  Like I might run out? I don't see that every happening.  But i don't want to hurt their feelings so i took them. I'm like the cat lady who adopts all the stray cats that come around, only i take in unwanted fabric scraps. I also started a scrappy snowball quilt.  I have the top finished but am working on the backing.  I decided to make it scrappy too.  So after  4 queen sized scrap quilts, I should have a lot less scraps and fabric, Right?  Apparently it doesn't work that way.  So I give up, the scraps win.  So I have decided to give myself a different challenge this year.  I can't start a new project until I finish two unfinished projects.  I tend to have several projects going at the same time, which means I have a few unfinished projects lying around.  When I cleaned up my sewing room, i noticed those UFO"s are taking up valuable fabric space.  This will be a hard challenge for me, because I have lots of projects I want to do, new ones.  But I'm going to try.  First up, finish the backing for the scrappy snowball and get it to the quilter.  Second, finish the Guild's Block of the Month blocks and put them together.Then who knows !   Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment